Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Transformation Deck

Over at Deviant Scrap there along is a special group of prompts similar to Sunday Postcard Art.  This is the Transformation Deck.  What these cards are is simple; 5x7 over sized playing cards displaying text and images that are meaningful to the designer.  So far there has been one prompt a month this year.  And in true style, I am now just discovering them.  It is so like me to play catch up.  (sighs deeply)  I am
finding these prompts useful in kick starting me into action.  While many different challenge sites offer the same prompts over and over again (don't pretend you don't know what I mean....it goes along with the sepia baby with wings and crown club) I have to say that "Release the Reins" presented we with a prompt that I really had to think about.  I even went font hunting so that I could get the "Wanted" poster feel.
"Release the Reins" - October prompt
"Balance"- June prompt
Believe - November prompt
In my head, I see me using this as a deck that helps me get over the creative "humps", those days when I don't want to do anything at all.  I am only working on imagery that "speaks" to me, in the hope that when I pull the card, I can feel the power of letting go, or remembering to believe in those things that you can't see but you can feel in your soul.  
I'm excited to dig into my library of images to see what I can come up with.  I have no doubts it will take a little bit to get them all done since I'm only working on a theme when I feel inspired and have a direction to go in.  
Stay tuned!

No comments: