Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Remembrance Day- SPA

Today in the UK is Remembrance Day - here in the US we have a parallel holiday, Memorial Day.  In the  wonderful Wikipedia, it says that this day originally was set aside to remember the sacrifices of those who fought in World War I.
My maternal Grandfather fought in WWI, my paternal Uncle in WWI - dying in Okinawa on the first day of battle there. Another Uncle, fought in Korea.  I even have research to so a Great Grandfather in the Civil War.  And who knows, with further research I may have relatives in the Revolutionary War.
So, for Sunday Postcard  Art I present my family, proudly serving to protect freedom here and abroad.

No comments: