Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My first dance

Yes, I did it.  And here's the pic to prove it.  I belly danced in public for the first time.  It wasn't perfect and I had issues with this costume.  But I did it!  I danced, moved, smiled, and enjoyed the freedom of it all.   I enjoyed the live drummers that we had with us and found that as I was standing listening that I was moving my hands and hips in time with the beat.  The music moved me.  
Now it is time for me to become stronger, more flexible, confident, moving gracefully through my days, comfortable in my own body.  And with that will be an acceptance that I will never look "model thin"( quite frankly I don't have the time to put into that effort), but I will have a confidence of an older woman who is taking care of herself and not ashamed of becoming older.

1 comment:

Sid Chigger said...

Va Va Va VOOOOOOM! (faints...)