Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Girls - 1984

One of the reasons that I create stuff, is that I want a tangible record that I lived.  It is very important to me that I give to my children and grandchildren a record of life, not only of mine but of the family that they have never met.  I suppose part of that comes from not having much of an extended family myself.  I grew up an only child; awkward, shy, overweight, alone and very lonely.  I didn't excel at anything.  I was the one that you really didn't know was in class.  My parents worked hard and had their own issues that I stayed far away from.  My extended family I barely knew and rarely saw, except for my paternal Grandmother who lived with each of her children at one time or another.  
Family is so important to me.  I am now an "orphan", both of my parents have passed away.  I have tried to instill in my daughters the bonds of family and loyalty, even though I was a very poor role model. 
We all have survived, and in a sense thrived.  My daughters are very good women.  I have two grandchildren that are adored and sheltered by us.  I have a son-in-law that is the best.  He has served his country in Iraq, and has paid a price for that service.  He is a loving, caring, man.  I am a blessed woman to have such a family.
This picture is from 1984.  My youngest is on the left, oldest on the right.  They truly are best of friends and worst of enemies.  But despite all of that, they are family.  They fight each other but unite to take on the world together.  I am blessed.

No comments: