Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

SPA - Summer


This time I am not taking any chances!  I was a few hours late on the last Sunday Postcard Art prompt - although they are gracious enough to still take my entry.  (Thank you Donna and Mandy!)
This week the prompt is SUMMER.  We have yet to make it to the hottest part of our summer here in the  desert. We have gotten up to  103-105 degrees a couple of days, but for now we are 85-95 degrees and enjoying it.  The nights being cool and we are able to sleep with the windows open.  It is nice not to be the slave of the air conditioner.
As I said in the last post, I love the "pin up" or Vargas girls.  Thanks to a site called Far Far Hill and to contributor's from Deviant Art, I have a nice little stash of pin up images.
I would like to thank -
Beth Rimmer at Deviant Scrap for her kit Nantucket.  She provided the background and accessory images.
Thank you again to Far Far Hill for her Pin up girls.  I have enjoyed creating with them and I am sure there will be plenty more creations where these came from!
And once again to Paula Kesselring for her photoshop brushes.  I have used her frames again as a subtle accent.
These will be made into REAL postcards and sent to random users around the world via the site Postcrossing. (see right sidebar)  I really do get a kick out of creating and sending these cards around the world.  I have received some fantastic ones back in the mail!  Although I am a bit bummed that the one I sent to India didn't make it to its recipient.
Have a great week!

2 comments:

Martina said...

Terrific postcard, beautifully created!

Marijke said...

great cards