Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dia de los Muertos - SPA

Dia de los Muertos, the day of the Dead, is coming.  A day that asks the living to remember the dead (usually family members) with food, flowers, candles, song, and prayer.  Good times are celebrated as something wonderful in the cemetery.  Tombs are decorated with flowers and candles along with the favorite food of the deceased.  Family spends the day and night in the cemetery - its not a place to be afraid of, but to be drawn to.  Sugar skulls abound.  Skeletons are shown in art still participating in every activity of life as a reminder that we all walk with death every minute of our lives.
I really enjoyed working with the bright colors and great images that were provided by Tangie Baxter (Scrapbook Graphics ) and Sherrie JD (Deviant Scrap ).  Both of these kits are Dia de los Muertos by name...easy enough to remember!
This postcard in its full size will be printed out and made into a mailable card and sent out as part of another web site that I am a member of...PostCrossing.  I'll make another post about my experience with PostCrossing, but for right now, suffice it to say that I am enjoying sending my own creations around the world.

No comments: