Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I am not a person who usually makes the traditional New Year's resolutions, unless it is the one that is that I WON'T make any resolutions!  I find that January 1st is the holiday of good intentions.  In all of my 49 years don't think I have kept one of the resolutions that I have made. And trust me, I have made some that were really for the best of me.   Of the times that I have made the decision to change my life, I have ridden out this holiday strong in the conviction that I could do it, because I had already been making the effort.  
But, I do like to celebrate the beginning of a new start!
And a new start it is for me.  
This year I start without my daughters or grandchildren about.  I start being engaged to a very good man who has had my heart for a long time, even though I denied it.  I find myself in a career that I have a love/hate relationship with.   I still have very good and old friends as well as new ones that enrich my life.  All in all, I start this year a very lucky and rich woman.
Yes, there are many things that I don't have.   There are things that I daydream of, sending a silent prayer to the heaven of gratitude for that fantasy to come true.  But in my heart of hearts that its is a prayer that will not come true.  Not for the fact that that I am unloved or forgotten, far from it.  I know that I am a person that has much to give, and the fulfilling of my fantasy would prevent me from being all that I can be in this life. 
Happy New Year to all who read this.  I wish for you all that you can be in this life.  I guess in a sense that is both a blessing and a curse.  We never know how that potential will be brought about in our lives; whether by trial or by gift.  We always get what we need but it never really comes to us as we want.  
But may we always have the best that life has to offer.  

No comments: