Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A very happy Thanksgiving to all who pass by this site.  Our Thanksgiving has a short but meaningful tradition, but it seems to me that to have just one day to focus on what is working in our lives is just not enough.
I have been working on changing my perspective of my life.  I really believe that if you change the way that you see things, that you do change your world.  Doors open that you didn't allow yourself to see before.  Ideas and inspirations seem to flow more easily into the consciousness. Help and comfort are not as far away as we thought originally.  
On one of the web sites that I frequent asked us to post 10 things that we are grateful for.  While this sounds very mundane, I thought I'd give it a shot.  I also figured that if I couldn't come up with 10, I need more work on my perspective.

1) For the most part, I'm healthy.  Yes, I could focus on the fact that I have high blood pressure and a serious back problem. But I can do something about those.  Which brings me to...

2)I'm not helpless.  I do have choices to make my life BETTER.  I am not at the mercy of someone else making my life choices for me.  It would also be a choice to allow someone to do that for me!   

3)My daughters and grandbabies are healthy and for the most part, happy.  I could dwell on the fact that they are no longer close to me, and spending the holidays with them isn't possible like it was.  I could whine about how much I miss them, and all of that would be true.  But what is truth, is that I love them, they are happy and they are living their lives true to themselves.  

4)I have someone who loves me.  This gentleman has known me for years and loves me anyway, warts and all.  He grounds me, he drives me crazy.  He challenges me, he calms me.  For 12 years he has been my companion and best friend.

5) And he would like to marry me.

6) I am employed.  I am so grateful that I have a job, a career.  Even though this job drives me and my blood pressure crazy.  I'll take it.

7)I have a home.

8)I still have my sense of humor.

9)I still have  plans and goals for my life.  There are so many things I want to do, I just need to make time for them.

10)I'm alive.  For all of its glory and pain.  I'm here.




No comments: