Thank you to Suzanne C. Walker for the use of her fonts Old General Store and Adorable in my header. If you love 'em you can get them from Digital Scrapbook Place. (psssssttt...I put a link down below so you don't have to remember the www. part)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A place called Home

I know that most of us have heard the saying "Home is where your heart is." or we remember Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz clicking her heels together and repeating, "There's no place like home." over and over again until she woke up from her dream.  Lately, I have been musing about home.  Where is it? What is it? When or will I ever know if I make it there?
It may sound silly or slightly melodramatic, but there are times that I feel like I am in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I just don't belong where I am at, but I don't know where to go to; how to make the adjustments to being in the right place at the right time.  
It is hard to me in these times to take that deep breath and just be; to quiet my heart and mind so that I will be able to see clearly and listen to my heart when the time comes to move to the next stage of my life. 
Over my desk at work I have several quotes about courage for just those times when I am not quite sure of myself and wondering if I have have the strength to keep moving along.  My favorite reads (paraphrasing) "Courage is sometimes that small voice at the end of the day that says 'I'll try again tomorrow."  
I am not in that place that I can call home, although I am becoming more comfortable in this home of my body, and in my heart.  I will be courageous enough to at least try again tomorrow, even if that means that I take that deep breath and live in the moment whatever that brings.  
I am sure that by placing one slow foot in front of the other, I will find that someday, I will have come to that place of comfort and acceptance.  Isn't that what home really is?


No comments: